Senior Software Engineer
Minnesota or Remote
Software Development /
Who we are:
Field Nation brings companies and service professionals together through an integrated, easy-to-use platform. We support businesses looking to grow their service offerings while also empowering technicians to leverage their skills on their own terms. Our mission is to help the service delivery industry do great work, and we live that mission by doing great work for the companies and service professionals that depend on us.
Why is this role important to Field Nation?
This Sr. Software Engineer will have the opportunity to impact the product by creating and designing new features, delivering on the product roadmap releases, and working collaboratively across the organization to continuously build our product. This position will offer the chance to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and collaboration is necessary. Field Nation is located in downtown Minneapolis, MN. This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
What you'll do:
- Cutting-edge technology SaaS solution hosted on AWS that enables today’s and tomorrow’s Gig economy
- Backend built on PHP, MySQL, and increasingly Node JS and Golang microservices, exposed via REST API
- Frontend built with React and Redux.
- Services built and deployed using Docker containers managed by Kubernetes.
- Work closely with the engineering team, Product Management, UX, and our customers to ensure we are building and delivering impactful features.
- Assist in preparing technical specs as a team
- Bring fresh ideas on how technology can be used to solve big problems.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 4+ years of Software development experience.
- Strong focus and experience in testing best practices.
- Ability to write clean, standards-compliant HTML and CSS. Preprocessor experience (LESS/SASS) is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL – MySQL specifically is a plus.
- Familiarity with the Git version control system.
- Knowledge of Linux or other Unix-based systems (Ubuntu/Debian is a plus).
- Experience with Web Services-based solutions (REST specifically).
- Experience with Microservice architecture is a plus.
- Broad technical knowledge – we look for people who can tie together technologies to solve really big problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and across teams.
- Ability to break down more significant initiatives into manageable pieces.
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus.
Why we think you'll love it here:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual vacation bonus - yes, we’ll pay you a bonus to take paid time off!
- Individualized growth + development plans
- Strong values around work/life balance
- Community involvement opportunities
- Competitive benefits: medical, dental, vision, paid parental leave + 401K
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies to solve meaningful problems
$120,156 - $141,360 a year
At Field Nation, we share the value of transparency and enable this during our recruiting process. We believe it’s important to share the compensation range to best understand the full opportunity of a role! We select our initial range based on reliable compensation survey data. Other factors we consider in setting the specific pay for an individual will generally include, among other things, experience, specialized skills, work location, and internal equity to provide competitive offers. Additionally, every role is eligible for variable pay dependent on the position. As an agile and growing organization, the business needs may change. This may result in us hiring someone with less or more experience than the job description states. If that does happen, we will communicate the updated salary range and the new role to you as a candidate. The range stated below is a starting point of the compensation conversation, we’d like to hear what your compensation expectations are too!
Base Salary Range | Minnesota or other Zone 3 | $120,156 - $141,360
Come as you are:
At Field Nation, we believe work is about more than checking the right boxes. If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements for this role, but still feel you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you! We review all applications and may even have another open position where you are the perfect fit.
Field Nation offers a flexible, highly collaborative, hybrid work environment. We are looking for people to join our high performance culture in the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Colorado, Virginia + Kansas.