Credit Risk Analytics Manager
Risque / Risk /
Fig is an innovative digital lender dedicated to simplifying the borrowing process for people across Canada. With a user-friendly online platform, loan applications and approvals can be finished in just a few minutes, making the lending experience more efficient and accessible for Canadians.
Supported by the reputable Fairstone Bank, Fig is in a unique position to blend the benefits of extensive lending experience with the agility of a start-up. This combination allows the company to effectively meet the credit needs of Canadians from various financial backgrounds.
We are looking for an experienced, analytical, collaborative, solution-oriented manager to support the Credit Risk function of our digital consumer lending business. As a new & truly-digital lender, you will play a crucial role to help Fig optimize its high-growth portfolio with sound risk management and loss mitigation. You will use data and analytics to deliver on our value proposition of trust for our customers and stakeholders in order to make lending work.
This role offers a unique opportunity to work with a talented team. If you are data-oriented and enjoy being in the details and hands-on, while embracing ambiguity and problem solving, and mitigating credit risks, apply today and join us in our mission to make lending work. You will employ and enhance your technical and analytical skills, working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where data-first strategies are a top priority, alongside a collaborative team with supportive leaders looking to drive real results.
This is a rare opportunity to get in early on a well-backed FinTech company with an experienced early-stage team. We are live in-market and have some strong, early momentum. This is an opportunity to play a major role in defining our roadmap and building a strong foundation & organization to deliver on it.
What you'll do
- Optimize credit risk vs. return profile utilizing credit risk management skills (analytical & modeling skills, data mining and leadership skills)
- Conduct analytics, generate insights, and communicate recommendations to enhance credit and solve business problems, with implications on enhancing product design, pricing, conversion, policy, and process; Continuously evaluate and enhance credit effectiveness through business reporting & monitoring, advanced analytics, integrating data sources / data mining
- Create documentation, and collaborate with product, engineering, and team, to ensure effective implementation, testing, and monitoring
- Build and maintain data / KRI-oriented risk updates
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field such as finance, economics, mathematics, business or accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis and/or credit risk management, preferably in a financial services, FinTech, lending and/or technology company.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking and analytical skills
- Data-first mindset with excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R or Python or similar is highly preferred
- Self-starter that can work independently and take the initiative; highly motivated to achieve business objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders (both written & oral) and strong interpersonal skills
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams
What’d be nice to have
- Experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work, manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets, data governance, and/or predictive analytics
- Data Modeling experience or Statistics background
- Unique opportunity to join a company in its early stages and make an impact
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement savings program with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group insurance, as well as health and wellness spending accounts
- Generous time off to help you recharge
- Parental top-up to support your growing family
- Continuing education stipend to support your professional development
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and physical ability.
Diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experience is fundamental to our business. We believe in fostering an environment where team members of all backgrounds can feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work every day. We aim to ensure all of our employees work in an environment that makes them feel valued, heard, and supported while they strive towards career pursuits and their personal and professional growth.
We are committed to providing accommodations for all candidates that require them and in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process. If you are selected to participate in any part of the selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) that you may require.