Fraud Analyst / Senior Fraud Analyst
Risque / Risk /
Fig is an innovative digital lender dedicated to simplifying the borrowing process for people across Canada. With a user-friendly online platform, loan applications and approvals can be finished in just a few minutes, making the lending experience more efficient and accessible for Canadians.
Supported by the reputable Fairstone Bank, Fig is in a unique position to blend the benefits of extensive lending experience with the agility of a start-up. This combination allows the company to effectively meet the credit needs of Canadians from various financial backgrounds.
As a new & truly-digital lender, you will play a crucial role to mitigate Fig’s fraud losses. The Fraud Analyst/Senior Fraud Analyst will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing, investigating instances of potential fraud. The successful candidate will assume a critical role at Fig, contributing to the prevention of fraud losses, enhancing recovery efforts, conducting investigations, and collaborating with law enforcement. In this role, reporting to the Senior Manager of Fraud & AML, the analyst will assist in various initiatives and projects aimed at fostering trust in our fraud prevention and risk management strategy. You will employ and enhance your skills, working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, alongside a collaborative team with supportive leaders looking to drive real results.
What you’ll do
- Monitor and analyze applications, customer accounts, and related data for any suspicious or fraudulent activity
- Utilize fraud detection tools, techniques, and systems to identify irregular patterns
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of emerging fraud threats and industry best practices
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine the extent of potential fraud and assess associated risks
- Prepare detailed case reports with findings and recommended actions
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all investigations
- Communicate effectively with law enforcement agencies and legal authorities; when necessary
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Risk, Customer Experience, Legal & Compliance, Product and Engineering to share insights and provide training
- Assist in adhering to Fig's procedures, legal mandates, and the highest industry standards when it comes to Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Anti-Terrorism Financing (ATF) processes
- Support the Sr. Manager of Fraud & AML
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex data
- Familiarity with fraud detection tools and techniques, or a strong willingness to acquire this knowledge
- Detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Self-starter that can work independently and take initiative; highly motivated to achieve business objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Professional certifications (e.g., Certified Fraud Examiner) are a plus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) and the capability to engage with individuals at every organizational level
- Unique opportunity to join a company in its early stages and have an impact
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement savings program with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group insurance, as well as health and wellness spending accounts
- Generous time off to help you recharge
- Parental top-up to support your growing family
- Continuing education stipend to support your professional development
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and physical ability.
Diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experience is fundamental to our business. We believe in fostering an environment where team members of all backgrounds can feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work every day. We aim to ensure all of our employees work in an environment that makes them feel valued, heard, and supported while they strive towards career pursuits and their personal and professional growth.
We are committed to providing accommodations for all candidates that require them and in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process. If you are selected to participate in any part of the selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) that you may require.