Senior Software Engineer
ingénierie / Engineering /
Fig is an innovative digital lender dedicated to simplifying the borrowing process for people across Canada. With a user-friendly online platform, loan applications and approvals can be finished in just a few minutes, making the lending experience more efficient and accessible for Canadians.
Supported by the reputable Fairstone Bank, Fig is in a unique position to blend the benefits of extensive lending experience with the agility of a start-up. This combination allows the company to effectively meet the credit needs of Canadians from various financial backgrounds.
As a senior software developer at Fig, you will primarily work full-stack to build customer facing products as well as public api’s for b2b partner integrations. You will also have opportunities to work on problems in data science, infrastructure, and machine learning. You will work in a small, tight-knit team and report directly to the Head of Engineering.
Fig launched in early 2023. We have good momentum, revenue, and functional software powering our product. But it is still early. This is an opportunity to play a major role defining and building our technology stack, working with diverse teams and growing your leadership skills.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer
- Build functional and scalable features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment
- Be responsible for the full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, and operating in production
- Uphold high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you encounter
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of professional experience in a software engineering role or equivalent experience
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience working with backend programming languages (eg. Java, Python, Ruby, Node)
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- English proficiency/fluency - written and speaking (Note: Interviews will be conducted in English)
What’d be nice to have
- Experience working on financial products or products in similar regulatory environments.
- Experience working with Django and/or React
- Experience working in an early stage company
- Exposure to customizing Salesforce. This work is owned by an offshore team but some experience would be a nice bonus
- Unique opportunity to join a company in its early stages and have an impact on how to shape customer experience
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement savings program with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group insurance, as well as health and wellness spending accounts
- Generous time off to help you recharge
- Parental top-up to support your growing family
- Continuing education stipend to support your professional development
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and physical ability.
Diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experience is fundamental to our business. We believe in fostering an environment where team members of all backgrounds can feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work every day. We aim to ensure all of our employees work in an environment that makes them feel valued, heard, and supported while they strive towards career pursuits and their personal and professional growth.
We are committed to providing accommodations for all candidates that require them and in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process. If you are selected to participate in any part of the selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) that you may require.