Senior Analyst, FP&A and Data
Full Time /
Fig is an innovative digital lender dedicated to simplifying the borrowing process for people across Canada. With a user-friendly online platform, loan applications and approvals can be finished in just a few minutes, making the lending experience more efficient and accessible for Canadians.
Supported by the reputable Fairstone Bank, Fig is in a unique position to blend the benefits of extensive lending experience with the agility of a start-up. This combination allows the company to effectively meet the credit needs of Canadians from various financial backgrounds.
We are looking for an experienced, analytical, collaborative, solution-oriented senior analyst to support the Finance function of our digital consumer lending business. As a new & truly-digital lender, you will play a crucial role in helping Fig optimize organizational ROA by accurately forecasting the growth and return profile of a high-growth lending portfolio. You will use data and analytics to help identify key drivers of risk and return for every part of Fig’s business.
This role offers a unique opportunity to help join the ground floor of the finance team for a new fintech company with the operational support of a 100 year old financial institution. If you are data-oriented and enjoy being in the details and hands-on, while embracing ambiguity and problem solving, and have a passion for understanding new business, apply today and join us in our mission to make lending work. You will employ and enhance your technical and analytical skills, working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where data-first strategies are a top priority, alongside a collaborative team with supportive leaders looking to drive real results.
This is a rare opportunity to get in early on a well-backed FinTech company with an experienced early-stage team. We are live in-market and have some strong, early momentum. This is an opportunity to play a major role in defining our roadmap and building a strong foundation & organization to deliver on it.
What you’ll do
- Provide FP&A finance support to the Finance team regarding productivity, demand planning, reporting, and financial metrics
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, variance analyses, long-term planning, risk/opportunity assessments, and periodic/ad hoc reporting
- Lead the accounts payable function and support payroll-related tasks for Fig. This will include processing invoices in the accounting system and supporting the payables team of our parent company
- Help create processes to manage and track employees expenses across the organization
- Work on corporate projects and initiatives that impact the entire organization
- Partner with our accounting team during the close process, which includes reviewing departmental general ledgers, recording transactional activity, preparing revenue and expense accruals, and providing P&L and Cash variance explanations to budget and forecasts
- Identify areas for revenue opportunities and cost improvements
- Serve as Finance liaison to departments by working closely with them in understanding their business, supporting their initiatives, and general financial inquiries
- Identify and research variances regarding forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses
- Assist in automating the consolidated reporting process. This will include building dashboards for a variety of metrics using BI tools such as Metabase
- Conduct necessary account and system reconciliations
- Review financial reports, presentations, and other management reporting needs
- Ad hoc business reporting and analysis as needed
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field such as finance, economics, mathematics, business or accounting
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, finance or accounting, preferably in a financial services, FinTech, lending and/or technology company
- Experience in building dashboards on tools like Power BI, Tableau or Metabase
- General knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels. This role will work with leaders across the organization and with our parent bank partners.
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Comfortable navigating through gray areas without clear solutions
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Strong Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with good time management skills when urgent deadlines need to be met
What’d be nice to have
- Experience in statistical or econometrics hands-on work, manipulating and performing analysis with large data sets, data governance, and/or predictive analytics
- Data Modeling experience or Statistics background
- Unique opportunity to join a company in its early stages and make an impact
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement savings program with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group insurance, as well as health and wellness spending accounts
- Generous time off to help you recharge
- Parental top-up to support your growing family
- Continuing education stipend to support your professional development
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and physical ability.
Diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and experience is fundamental to our business. We believe in fostering an environment where team members of all backgrounds can feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work every day. We aim to ensure all of our employees work in an environment that makes them feel valued, heard, and supported while they strive towards career pursuits and their personal and professional growth.
We are committed to providing accommodations for all candidates that require them and in all aspects of the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process. If you are selected to participate in any part of the selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) that you may require.