Digital Advertising Intern (Summer)
Costa Mesa, CA /
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
Since launching in February 2018, FightCamp’s revenues have doubled every month. FightCamp is funded by Y Combinator.
FightCamp is seeking an intern with a growth mindset who is interested in all facets of digital marketing or digital advertising. In this position, you will develop a well-rounded foundation of digital advertising strategies while working hands-on with a high-performance team. You’ll be exposed to data-driven marketing strategies, and learn how to use tools to analyze performance & gather information. At the end of this internship, you will have tangible examples where you developed an idea, crafted the strategy, put it into action & measured the results. This candidate will work directly on the Paid Acquisition Team, and closely with the Content Team & Web Team.
What You Will Learn:
- Gain a deeper knowledge of digital marketing & creative strategy
- Develop skills in marketing analytics and measurement
- Gain exposure to, and hands-on experience with, digital advertising platforms, including how to manage large-scale budgets
- Build an understanding of audience targeting
- Learn how to optimize an e-commerce website for conversion
- Develop the skills needed to audit a digital advertising strategy & give actionable recommendations
- Develop a test-driven approach to digital marketing
- Learn what it’s like to work on a high-performing, results-driven marketing team & how to work toward clear goals and milestones
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Work directly with FightCamp’s Paid Acquisition team (the team responsible for Digital Advertising, Email Marketing & E-Commerce Strategies)
- Learn from experts in Social Media Advertising, Search Engine Marketing & Marketing Creative Strategy
- Ask questions about how & why we make strategic decisions
- Use marketing analytics tools to dig in, find answers to marketing questions, and understand what’s working
- Work with our creative team to brief & develop ads to test
- Come up with new ideas, use data & analytics to validate your hypotheses, recommend a strategy, and put it into action
- Work toward specific marketing goals, and prioritize projects that will have the biggest impact on those goals
Who We’re Looking for:
- You’re eager to learn
- You’re adaptable, able to switch gears, and love working on a variety of different subjects
- You’re resourceful, can go out & find the answer to something you don’t know, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
- You’re dedicated to the internship, and know that you’ll only get out what you put in
- You love coming up with new ideas & sharing them with others
- You’re naturally curious, and love asking questions
- Excellent writing & communication skills
- An interest in digital marketing & business
- An interest in learning about design & marketing creatives
Bonus Points If You Have Any of These:
- Exposure to spreadsheet programs (Google Sheets, Excel)
- Have tried to sell something before (anything from a lemonade stand or candy bars at school to an online side hustle)
What We Believe In:
Boldness & Courage
Focus, Speed & Discipline
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility, over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Come shape the future of at-home fitness with us.