Lead Systems Game Designer
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp, you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
The FightCamp iOS app holds over 1000 workouts, drills and adds more than 12 new classes each week. Our customer base has grown to over 30,000 members throughout the US, with over 1.2 billion punches thrown, in just over two years.
We’ve quickly become one of the fastest-growing players in the ever-expanding in-home fitness market, with sales growing 30 times over the last two years. To date, we have raised over $90M in venture capital. We’re committed to shaping the future of at-home fitness and are well-positioned for substantial growth.
FightCamp (formerly known as Hykso) was launched out of Y-Combinator in March 2016.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
FightCamp is looking for an experienced Lead Systems Game Designer to help drive our creative and innovative vision for gamified connected fitness! As Lead Systems Game Designer, you will help elevate the user experience through analytical and creative design that will amplify the FightCamp experience. Being able to work cross-functionally, your collaboration across different teams will allow you to creatively innovate user-focused designs that will push FightCamp to the top of the Connected-fitness community while helping sustain, build and support a strong community of users.
What You Will Do
- Collaboration with Product lead and other stake-holders to strongly define a meaningful vision for FightCamp while staying within the FightCamp culture.
- Build out interactive fitness experiences that will engage and sustain a growing user-base through fun, effective and relatable experiences using game design principles and best practices.
- Work directly with Product, UX, Engineering and Content to design and test the FightCamp gamified experience thoughtfully and effectively.
- Create high-level designs that reflect moment-to-moment gaming experiences to drive member engagement, interaction and retention.
- Communicate ideas and concepts in specific helpful and clear composition in order to best develop and execute designs with the help of the design and product teams.
- 5+ Years of experience working in Systems Game Design. Mobile Gaming is a plus.
- Clear understanding of how to apply gamified experiences to the connected fitness community.
- Collaborative and creative thinking, team-player mentality with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience working collaboratively with product and design teams in order to seek out meaningful solutions to UX data and feedback.
- User-facing product experience.
- Self-starting, driven and focused work ethic with the ability to act autonomously.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to understand user needs in order to translate this into design that will reflect through software and gaming experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible PTO policy
- Free lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One day, monthly, dedicated to continuous learning/fun projects
- Child care allowance
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Shape the future of at-home fitness with us.