Senior UX Researcher
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp, you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
The FightCamp iOS app holds over 1000 workouts, drills and adds more than 12 new classes each week. Our customer base has grown to over 30,000 members throughout the US, with over 1.2 billion punches thrown, in just over two years.
We’ve quickly become one of the fastest-growing players in the ever-expanding in-home fitness market, with sales growing 30 times over the last two years. To date, we have raised over $90M in venture capital. We’re committed to shaping the future of at-home fitness and are well-positioned for substantial growth.
FightCamp (formerly known as Hykso) was launched out of Y-Combinator in March 2016.
What We Value
- Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and user experience
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proactive self-starters
We are looking to grow our team to help support and grow our digital presence in the Connected Fitness community! Does this sound like you? Well, we are looking for our very first Senior UX Researcher here at FightCamp to help support our innovative and creative team by enhancing the quality of our platform by working cross-functionally with our Product and Design teams to collaborate in valuable ways. As a Senior UX Researcher, you will utilize qualitative and quantitative research to create improvements through meaningful strategy to develop new improvements and features to create the best experience for our user base. Ideally, our Senior UX Researcher is self-motivated and passionate about UX along with connected fitness and has a desire to grow within our organization as we expand.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various teams including Product, Content, Data Analysts and Engineers to create goals that align with objectives.
- Generate and execute research plans that prove efficient methodologies to answer Product/UX questions that produce valuable and actionable insights.
- Consistently orchestrate awareness and research on acquisition products to identify trials and tribulations to ensure improvement based on usability studies, interviews, surveys, etc.
- Using thorough research and coordination, define appropriate strategies for recruitment, logistics, and incentivize participants.
- Customize learnings to cross-functioning stakeholders in a clear and actionable manner to communicate product and design improvements.
- 5+ Years of experience in UX Research at a customer-focused company.
- Proven success from prior experience focused on UX Research and insight into valuable adjustments.
- Team-focused work ethic to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Experience in discovery and evaluative research which includes but is not limited to surveys, ab testing, and user interviews.
- Proven record of constructing research insights into actionable and meaningful improvements with stakeholders needs in mind.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated work ethic with sharp attention to detail.
- Openness to learn and share new methodologies.
- Customer facing experience analyzing trends, habits and products.
- Mobile games/software or connected fitness experience is a plus!
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible PTO policy
- Free lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One day, monthly, dedicated to continuous learning/fun projects
- Child care allowance
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Shape the future of at-home fitness with us.