FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
Since launching in February 2018, FightCamp’s revenues have doubled every month. FightCamp is funded by Y Combinator.
About the Role of Sr. Accountant
The Senior Accountant role is responsible for the preparation and accuracy of financial accounting records. Assists in the timely preparation of financial and managerial reports, which fairly and accurately reflect the financial position of the entity. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the month and year-end accounting close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained in accordance with US GAAP.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and prepare the appropriate journal entries.
- Provide support to AP function to ensure proper account coding and recording of month-end accruals.
- Perform daily/weekly tasks such as postings for routine banking transactions, daily cash activity.
- Ensure fixed assets and depreciation schedules are maintained and reconciled to the general ledger.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and document variance analyses.
- Assist in providing information requested by the external auditors and tax preparers.
- Research complex accounting issues.
- Key contributor to proposing and driving improvements to the monthly financial close process.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and application of accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum four (4) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting. and private industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance.
Education & Experience
- Large/midsize public accounting preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or demonstrated progress toward designation
- Industry experience in manufacturing, retail or consumer product goods
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Flexible vacation policy
- Flexible work from home options
- Catered lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
- Fitness subsidies
- One R&D day per sprint
Come Work With Us
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility, over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Come shape the future of at-home fitness with us.