Software Engineer - Enterprise (New York, NY)
New York, NY /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Enterprise is a full stack web engineering team building the features that enable companies of all sizes to successfully adopt and manage Figma, from two-person teams to the Fortune 500. As an engineer on Enterprise, you’ll work closely with a small team on features that drive adoption and growth of Figma. The work you’ll do will have lasting and outsized impact on Figma as a successful business. And as a member of our team, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills as the team grows and takes on new challenges.
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals, a track record of high quality engineering, and a growth mindset and passion for learning. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog. As one of the first engineers joining the NYC office, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and grow the office culture for years to come. If you’d like to join us on our mission to make design accessible to all, let’s talk!
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with designers, PMs, and other engineers to plan features and break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- Building, documenting, and maintaining tests, features and infrastructure
- Communicating and documenting architectural designs and requirements
- Providing thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Helping interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
- Helping grow the Figma New York office into Figma’s first true satellite office
We're looking for someone who:
- Has fluency with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Has experience doing software engineering in a collaborative environment
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has a growth mindset and enthusiasm about learning and growing as an engineer
- Has interest and experience with building for a modern enterprise audience, or working on billing or permissions infrastructure
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Product features that unblock adoption across new categories of customers
- Iterating on core aspects of the identity, authentication, and permissions infrastructure
- Building new pricing tiers and more flexible billing models
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.