San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As the first Events Manager, you will have the opportunity to think holistically about our events strategy across user groups, sales enablement, and - eventually - drive our first user conference. You will report to the Head of Community. If you’ve got a keen eye for strategy and detail and are excited to create meaningful in person events with our users that tie to business objectives, we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with our designer advocates to support user groups globally. This includes supporting ambassadors, refining processes, managing reimbursements and owning swag
- Plan and execute Figma-driven events that support product launches, sales, and customer success
- Create and manage strategy and process 3rd party event sponsorship and speaking engagements
What We Value
- 4+ years event planning experience
- You can think big picture but also have a keen eye for execution and detail. You're a master project planner: no detail is too small, no box goes unchecked
- You're comfortable creating budgets and making sure they stay on track. You know your way around managing vendors and excel spreadsheets
- You’ve done this before. You’ll be the only events person on our team, so you should be able to come in knowing how to manage and execute
- You're focused on ROI. You see events as a tool to drive broader company initiatives, and you tie your work back to larger goals
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes.
Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber; and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.