Marketing Manager, Figma for Education
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Figma’s mission is to make design accessible. Very early on we decided one way we could execute on this mission was to make Figma free for students and educators. Because Figma is based in the browser, students using any computer - from Macbooks to Chromebooks - can access our tools.
With the changing environment of the classroom, we have a bold vision to make Figma the industry standard for visual collaboration in the virtual classroom, seeding the next generation of designers. We’re looking for a passionate self-starter to drive this initiative at scale.
As the leader of Figma for Education, you’ll own operations and results for the educator customer segment. You’ll work closely with our Designer Advocate for Education to define messaging, create our funnel, and drive adoption at schools. We will start with Higher Education, but expand to additional segments as the program grows.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- We’re looking for a full-stack marketer who can go from 0-1 with our Education program driving the initiative while partnering with the larger marketing team
- Build awareness: Devise marketing campaigns and tactics to grow awareness of Figma’s offering
- Operations: Partner with the data and marketing operations team to define the segment’s funnel, track and measure results. This will include working in tools like Salesforce, defining key metrics and creating reports
- Define sales strategy: Yes, this is a free product, but we take it seriously, and want to understand how to close school systems and institutions.
- Grow community: Work with the Designer Advocate, Education to grow a passionate group of educators sharing their experiences in Figma
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re scrappy: You like doing things for the first time, and you’re excited by the idea of figuring things out as you go (early stage startup experience or launching new things is a plus)
- You think in systems: You are process-oriented and excited about solving problems, finding creative solutions, and helping improve business processes as we grow
- You have familiarity with marketing and reporting tools (Salesforce, Looker, etc.) and are comfortable working with data teams
- You are a strong cross functional relationship builder who can lead through influence: This program has support from the company, but needs a leader who can rally support and momentum behind the initiative to get a broader team involved
- You have a love for being both a strategist and a doer
- Bonus: You have experience marketing to educators in higher ed or K-12
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Launch Figma for the Classroom: Create a full GTM plan to launch Figma to classrooms across strategy, operations, brand, marketing, and content
- Map out our marketing funnel for Higher Ed: Partner with sales operations, data science and our Designer Advocate to create our strategy for closing classrooms expanding throughout universities
- Own our metrics: Partner with data science to report out on this segment to the company
- Refine our positioning: Join our Designer Advocate on calls and pitches to understand educator needs and solidify how we message to them in our marketing materials, resources we create for them, and in our demos to them
- Determine our approach for K-12: Conduct research on the K-12 segment, explore partnerships with distribution partners, and rally the company around this new initiative
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.