Software Engineer - Growth
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Growth team continually refines our understanding of what makes a user successful in Figma. We do both quantitative and qualitative research to more deeply understand a user’s journey. We also work to make the entire Figma product team more data-driven. That work balances between rapid iteration experiments, long-term strategic bets and improvements to our experimentation infrastructure.
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of high quality engineering. You’ll work closely with designers, product managers and data analysts to craft experiments that will help make every Figma user more successful.
We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog. If you’d like to join us on our mission to make design accessible to all, let’s talk!
What You'll Do
- Take shared ownership of the product process. Every member of our team is involved from ideation to implementation.
- Iterative and quantitative product development.
- Build high-quality UI. Although we do iterative development, we also keep a high bar for UI polish because our users are designers and the details matter.
- Build foundational Growth infrastructure for running experiments, tracking user behavior and engaging users.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma.
What We Value
- Interest in tackling a wide range of problems and working at all levels of the Figma stack.
- Being open-minded and compassionate. We brainstorm frequently which means giving and receiving feedback on a lots ideas. It’s important that members of the team can participate in a productive way.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.