San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As the Payroll Specialist you will work closely with the accounting and finance team to help establish best-in-class payroll processes and record all payroll-related transactions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of U.S. GAAP and payroll processing procedures as they relate to domestic and international requirements.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the People and Finance business units on all payroll matters with cross-functional impact such as accurate benefit information, new hire processes, cash, commissions, terminations, and other adhoc projects impacting payroll
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintain time and attendance records, enter new hires into the payroll system, post changes in pay and tax status, and miscellaneous changes
- Compute wage and overtime payments, calculate and record payroll deductions, and process terminations
- Prepare, review, and analyze payroll account reconciliations and supporting documentation
- Prepare and file tax reports
- Maintain and update general ledger account structure as necessary to achieve accurate and transparent payroll accounting
- Support the annual financial statements audit and be the main constant for all payroll related audit testing
- Conduct year-end reporting for W-2’s, etc
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting as requested
What We Value
- 3-5 years of payroll experience
- Strong system and data flow knowledge; ability to learn and adapt to new process flows and software technologies
- Self-motivated, flexible, deadline-oriented and able to complete tasks with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- CPP designation is a plus
- Knowledge of NetSuite and ADP payroll systems is strongly preferred
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.