Manager, Workplace and Facilities (Senior Level)
San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Figma is opening a new office in San Francisco and we’re looking for an experienced Workplace and Facilities manager to lead the effort in the buildout of our hub. You will work closely with the Director of Workplace and Employee Experience and execute on the vision of the new office in a post-Covid environment. You’ll also have a huge impact on Figma’s greatest asset--its people. This hands-on, lead-by-example role will have you partnering with teams across the business both domestically and internationally. We will be significantly growing our headcount and geographical footprint in 2021 and need someone that brings creativity and experience. Alongside this team, you’ll provide an extraordinary employee experience to fellow Figmates by deeply understanding their needs. If you have a passion for design and eye for detail and are excited about the opportunity, come join the Workplace team.
This is a full time role that will be held in our San Francisco hub.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage the full suite of workplace operations and facilities needs for the SF hub office (approx 80,000k + square feet)
- Deputy management of Figma’s global hub SF office
- Fully manage the operational requirements for the new SF hub, including implementing and managing COVID-19 physical space protocols as determined by CDC guidelines and Figma policies & procedures
- Responsible for cultivating strong relationship with landlord/building management
- Oversee any renovations, refurbishments and building projects (managing necessary repair work in a timely and cost-effective way)
- Direct and implement daily operations to run smoothly, cultivating a productive and welcoming work space, including all strategies relating to supplies, equipment, and physical-space tools, as well as furnishings and repairs
- Sourcing and overseeing contracts and service providers for functions such as cleaning/janitorial services and security, as well as any other operationally-related vendors
- Manage budgeting and implementation of culinary offerings (lunch and snack programs)
- Create documentation for policies and procedures relating to facilities management (to onboard future team members in an efficient way and ensure knowledge capture)
- Build and grow a Workplace team over time
We’re looking for someone with:
- Minimum 6 years in facilities/operational roles for dynamically growing global organizations
- Experience with global operations/offices
- Experience managing and leading teams with a strong ability to coach and develop others.
- Extremely strong budget management skills and a proven track record of building out business cases and managing spend
- Proven track record of cross functional collaboration
- Strong attention to detail, organizational planning, time management, and multitasking abilities
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.