Research Operations Lead
San Francisco, CA
The Figma Research team is looking for its first Research Operations Lead to architect, implement, and iterate on our tools and processes.
Figma is an exciting place to do research, because the teams have made it a priority to have a direct dialogue with their user communities from the very beginning. As a Research Operations Lead, you will develop the programs and processes that allow researchers, and others across the organization, to learn from Figma users. You will own our infrastructure for research participant recruiting, as well as participant privacy and data management. You will lead initiatives to integrate customer feedback across different channels. You will coordinate efforts to socialize research findings throughout the organization.
The scope of your role is broad. You are a leader in identifying ways to increase the effectiveness of the research practice and getting things done!
Successful research systems will be a combination of software, workflow automation, cross-functional relationships, continuous improvement, and documentation. We’re looking for a multi-skilled person who can run a stakeholder workshop, draw the architecture diagram, and execute the plan.
- Define participant recruitment strategies
- Lead service design approach for participant communication, scheduling, and incentives
- Manage access to research tools and services
- Implement data retention and privacy policies
- Maintain research findings repository
- Lead design of research facilities; procure appropriate equipment
- Manage contracts and relationships with external vendors
- Coordinate research socialization activities
- Track research budget
- 3+ years experience in operations roles, ideally supporting a design or UX research team
- Experience in administrative duties, project management, and process improvement
- Ability to see gaps and create more efficient processes; heading off issues as we scale
- Familiarity with the product development process and design methods
- Ability to work across multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, through speaking, drawing, and writing
- Effectively collaborates with a range of functions, including legal, security, design, data science and more
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.