Product Designer - Enterprise (New York, NY)
New York, NY /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for our first Product Designer for our New York office, focusing on Enterprise improvements for Large Teams. This would include areas like: How do team administrators manage billing and team permissions across a wide variety of roles and functions in their organization? How does Figma scale smoothly as a team grows from a small company to a large company? You should be excited about these sorts of problems, and the idea of helping establish and execute on a vision for them.
As a Product Designer at Figma, we won't box you into a specific, narrow role. Instead, you will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. Because of this, you should have a broad set of design skills, and for this role, a particular interest in Enterprise features.
What you'll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, engineering and other business partners to arrive at the best possible designs
- Design features that balance shipping quickly with high quality
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company, especially when representing the company in an early but growing satellite office environment
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- Portfolios that are clear, clean, and easy to navigate
- Aptitude for shipping and able to balance quality and time
- Writing clear product copy, and effective communication skills
- Ability to think through complex systems
- Passion for understanding users motivations and needs
- Interest and experience with SaaS is a big plus
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Team administration for large teams (e.g. billing, permissions, analytics)
- Scaling teams (how teams evolve their project structures as their org grows)
- File browser information architecture that supports large teams
- Establishing NYC office design culture
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.