Support Engineer (Tier 2/3 Support)
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, and if you want to be a part of creating truly exceptional customer experiences then this opportunity is perfect for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Support Engineer (Tier 2/3 Support) to join our growing Product Support Team. This is a full time role based in our SF office. As Figma’s first Support Engineer you will work closely with our customers, our support team, and our engineers. You will help our support team troubleshoot escalated issues and act as a liaison between support and engineering.
In addition, as our support team grows, we will need tools that empower us to take quick action based on real-time feedback from users and deliver a great support experience. Your technical skills will allow you to take ownership of improving our internal support tools and operational processes. Over time, you will help us integrate our existing support stack with other internal systems, as well as 3rd party services, and be a champion for secure and scalable internal development practices.
What You'll Do
- Provide exceptional technical support for new and experienced Figma users.
- Escalate technical issues for investigation
- Work with product and engineering teams to understand and resolve complex issues
- Write clear and concise bug reports in Asana for our engineering managers to triage
- Help turn customer feedback into actionable recommendations for our product team
- Serve as the support team’s escalation point for particularly technical issues
- Help train and educate the support team where there are knowledge gaps
- Write robust troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base
- Work with our Product Education team to improve our help center content
- Work with support and engineering teams to improve our existing support infrastructure
- Implement custom integrations across different tools and services used by the support team
- Build custom tools for the support team(i.e.Slack bots, Zendesk apps, etc.)
What We Value
- 2-3 years of Tier 2/3 customer support for a enterprise level SaaS product
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with an analytical mindset
- Ability to learn and communicate new technologies quickly
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management technologies like SAML and SCIM, or supporting integrations with IAM providers like Okta or Azure Active Directory
- Foundational understanding of API development
- Passion for driving operational efficiencies on growing support teams
- Experience with tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, Zapier and Asana
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.