Legal Ops (Paralegal)
San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built on the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We are seeking a highly motivated and process-oriented individual to join our small (but growing!) legal team. You will be the first legal ops/paralegal hire, so this is a generalist role that involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
What you'll be doing:
- Optimize the legal team’s processes by identifying inefficiencies and proactively looking for ways to enhance workflows
- Implement technology systems to help the legal department scale
- Work cross functionally with sales, finance, IT, product and others to develop legal playbooks and materials that will enable and protect the business
- Assist in reviewing contracts and handling other regulatory and compliance issues, including preparing, updating and maintaining registrations and filings
- Assist in cap table and stock equity management
- Align legal department activities with the company’s high-growth objectives
- Make an outsized impact as an early member of the legal team
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years as a business/operations manager or paralegal in a corporate legal department. In-house legal experience preferred
- Equivalent experience as a business/operations manager within other functions such as Procurement, Compliance and/or Finance will also be considered
- Has developed and implemented systems and processes related to legal or business operations
- Has strong system administration management skills; experience with Ironclad or similar products a plus
- Can work both independently and collaboratively with teams across the G&A function and organization
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Owning our contract management system and scaling it to meet the needs of our high-growth business
- Building playbooks and policies related to the Figma Community
- Supporting our growing international team as we launch new domestic and international offices
- Assist in corporate compliance and equity management by taking ownership of foreign entity registrations and managing stock and equity documents
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.