Data Science Manager
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of visual design tools, welcome to Figma.
As the leader of Data Science at Figma, you’ll be responsible for developing the team that drives decision-making across the company. You and your team will partner directly with leaders to develop strategic frameworks that impact all aspects of the product and business.
Our team is growing rapidly, so we’re looking for an experienced data science leader to help us scale. As a partner to the executive team, we’re looking for someone who is sharp, collaborative, resourceful, and can communicate complex ideas with ease. You value rigor in analysis and experimentation and know how translate these tools into actionable plans that directly impact the business. You will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
- Build and lead a high-performing team of data scientists and analysts
- Develop analytical frameworks, quarterly roadmaps, and new metrics for the organization
- Mentor and foster individual career development
- Promote analytics frameworks and sound decision making across the company
- Work closely with the executive team to inform company strategy
- Partner with cross-functional team to identify and prioritize the most important projects.
You'd Ideally have:
- B.S. or higher in scientific or quantitative field
- 2+ years management experience building and leading data teams and 4+ years of data science experience
- Expert knowledge of one or more scientific computing languages and SQL
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Firm grasp of statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.