Product Designer, Developer Collaboration (Senior Level)
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are evolving the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, we’d love to chat with you.
We’re currently looking for a design lead to own the area of “Developer Collaboration”. This means someone who’s particularly interested in how designers and developers work together to build products, and building tools for them to improve their workflows. Ideally you are someone who’s often found sitting next to your engineers directly, involving them early in the process, and believes in frequent ongoing communication. While not a strict requirement, we have a preference for people with a technical background given design solutions here may involve bridging design and code in some way. For more insights on our process, you can watch this recent talk on designer developer collaboration from our first user conference in January, or read this tweet thread from one of our product managers here.
As a Product Designer at Figma, you will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. This means we value designers who can work end-to-end and don’t shy away from any one portion of design, from sketches to speaking with customers to high fidelity mocks to prototypes.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Work cross-functionally with engineering and other cross-functional partners
- Design features that ship quickly and with high quality
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
What We Value
- Inspiring portfolios that demonstrate creativity and are easy to navigate
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Expressing ideas through prototyping and code
- Creative thinking and real passion for design
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.