Product Support Specialist (SF, CA)
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As an early member of our Product Support Team, you’ll be on the front lines helping to ensure those great experiences happen every day. Engaging with our customers requires critical thinking, an investigative mindset and impeccable communication skills. We’re looking for a team player who is technically inclined, eager to learn about design tools, and comfortable working in a startup environment where there are a lot of hats to wear.
- Provide exceptional technical support for new and experienced Figma users.
- Work with our design and engineering teams to understand and resolve complex issues.
- Escalate technical issues with the appropriate team for investigation
- Write clear and concise bug reports in Asana for our QA team to triage
- Turn customer feedback into actionable recommendations for our product team
- Close the feedback loop with users when bugs are resolved and feature requests are implemented
- Craft detailed, easy-to-understand support content (e.g. saved replies, help center articles, video tutorial scripts, and internal documentation).
- Continually focus on improving our support processes as we scale
- Own a specific area of responsibility (AoR) that interests you and contributes to a better customer experience.
Examples of Areas of Responsibility (AoR)
- Take charge of our Help Center; optimize it and make it more robust and user friendly
- Write scripts for new video tutorials and work with our small production team
- Do you have SQL skills? Create new dashboards for monitoring key support metrics
- Help us compile and organize an internal knowledge base
- Aspiring author? Design a new onboarding manual for future Product Support Team members
- Are you a natural born teacher? Lead Figma 101 sessions for new hires to get them up to speed on Figma’s features and functionalities
What We Value
- We can count on you to challenge us and help us improve as a team
- You have experience working with design tools (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Illustrator) and want to continue to expand your knowledge about how people use them
- You're compassionate by nature with strong interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills (written and verbal)
- You’re an empathetic problem solver who goes above and beyond to help people
- When it comes to tackling a new project, or implementing a new process, your attention to detail and organization skills are a notch above the rest
- You're a whiz with words and enjoy making complex ideas easy-to-understand
- You’re eager to bring your unique set of skills and past experiences to our team to ensure our existing processes are streamlined and effective.
- Getting out of your comfort zone and working with stakeholders from other teams (design, engineering, product) excites you
- We can always count on you for your infectious optimism in the face of uncertainty
Nice to Haves
- Experience with a support helpdesk like Intercom, Zendesk, Help Scout, etc
- Previous experience supporting users of a technical, SaaS product
- Familiarity with the end-to-end design process most companies follow
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes.
Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber; and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.