Engineering Manager - Collaboration
SF or NY or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you're looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Collaboration team at Figma believes that the best products are built when everyone on the team engages in design. We take full advantage of Figma on the browser to build features that make it easy for everyone to find, share, and collaborate on designs. We are especially focused on making Figma a great tool for front-end developers who contribute to and implement designs. As an Engineering Manager on the team you will help shape the direction of one of Figma's core product differentiators as you manage a growing team of engineers.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing
- Lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams to develop innovative collaboration capabilities
- Develop engineers on the team in order to create a happy and productive team
- Aid the team in delivering on technical and product requirements by diving into the details
- Advocate for the team's goals in the face of competing priorities
- Represent the developer's point of view in strategic product decisions in order to best serve our developer customers
We're looking for someone with
- 4+ years of software development experience and at least 1 year of engineering management
- Experience building and shipping products at scale
- Technical skills who is unafraid to jump into a complex codebase
- Experience in recruiting and growing high performing engineering teams
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
Here are some projects you could work on
- Version control for large design system's files with hundreds of designer contributors
- Code Panel that integrates with source code to surface a design's React components and css classes
Read more about our team
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.