San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We believe that continued investment in our core people operations practices will allow us to move quickly as a business, and we’ve already built a very strong foundation.
As the leader of the HR Operations sub team, you will play a central role in ensuring we have the people systems and processes to scale and grow our workforce. You'll manage an already excellent team and work with them and others to ensure that our policies are appropriate and responsive, on everything from immigration matters to new developments in employment law. As we grow into international locations, you’ll support our entity set up and global mobility processes. You’ll also be a key partner in the evolution and implementation of Figma’s total rewards strategy, including compensation and benefits decisions.
Overall, you’ll collaborate with Finance, Legal, and other parts of the wider People Ops group (such as our People Partner team and Workplace/Employee Engagement team) to build flexible and intelligent processes that support the well being of our employees and the business.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner closely with the rest of the People team as well as stakeholders across the org to assess existing People programs, processes, workflows, and practices; identify gaps and inefficiencies; and drive innovative solutions to enhance the Figmate experience and keep Figma compliant, as well as fairly and efficiently run
- Manage, coach, and grow the HR operations sub team (currently 2 employees)
- Maintain systems, standards, and processes related to onboarding/offboarding workflows, training and compliance, employee records, classification, performance management, and more
- Oversee the selection and maintenance of core HR tools and vendors, such as our HRIS, HR analytics tools, etc.
- Build upon our Total Rewards strategy and guide implementation of responsive changes to compensation and benefits practices as we grow--and ensure that these practices are inclusive and equitable
- Work closely with the People Partner team on HR programs such as our compensation philosophy and execution of compensation adjustment cycles; systems that support people analytics and data; as well as our systems for performance management, feedback, supplemental learning, and more
- Manage the logistics and compliance of global mobility, as well as quarterback the HR partnerships with external organizations as we expand into global offices (London as of now); manage relationships with PEOs to support employees in other locations
- Oversee our immigration programs, policies, and execution; and work closely with external counsel and employees.
- Work closely with our Information Security team to maintain our compliance with certifications such as SOC2, and ensure that employees have the right training and guidance to keep Figma secure and compliant
- Champion Figma's values of Be Bold, Foster Inclusivity, and Having Fun in the processes you build and the way you run your own team
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 8-10 years professional HR experience including 2+ years of management experience
- Have strong HR functional expertise; and are very knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management
- Have proven success in building HR operational processes that scale as organizations grow and evolve, including in international markets
- Are passionate about people and believe belonging and inclusivity are core to a workforce
- Enjoy being a “hands-on” manager and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Are consistently excited to help people understand the "why" (instead of a "check the checkbox" mentality)
- Function from a solution-focused, project-based mindset and can influence others to do the same
- Possess strong technical acumen with an understanding of how to leverage systems and optimize their functionality
- Have the ability to thrive and adapt in a rapidly growing environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.