Data Science - New Grad (2021)
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Data Science team at Figma partners directly with our product and engineering teams to uncover insights, influence decision making, and apply a data lens to business problems critical to Figma’s growth. Our work is diverse and evolving. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of technical challenges from data engineering, analytics, experimentation, and machine learning. We seek data scientists with strong coding and statistics fundamentals and who are excellent communicators among technical and non-technical audiences.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Research, Design, Sales, and Marketing to turn business questions into data problems
- Evaluate experiments to measure the impact of product changes
- Define and surface metrics to guide decision making
- Communicate and document data logging and requirements
- Build models to understand user behavior and predict growth
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented data scientists to Figma
We're looking for someone with:
- Pursuing a Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or other quantitative field
- At least one previous data science internship or relevant research experience
- Proficiency with basic SQL
- Experience with R, Python, or similar scripting language
- Firm knowledge around statistical methods and models
- A self-starting mindset along with strong communication and collaboration skills
In your first few months, you'll:
- Work with an onboarding buddy to make your first edits to our data tables and dashboards
- Start to build deep context and expertise in Figma's data and product
- Deliver your first product analysis
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.