Product Designer - Mobile
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to focus on improving our mobile/tablet experiences that could expand Figma audience to a new group of devices and designers.
As a Product Designer at Figma, we won't box you into a specific, narrow role. Instead, you will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. Because of this, you should have a broad set of design skills, and for this role, a particular interest in mobile.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ years industry experience as a Product Designer
- Experience working on touch-driven experiences and mobile designs
- Track record in craft and great visual design
- Experience with prototyping
- Portfolios that are clear, clean, and easy to navigate
- Aptitude for shipping and able to balance quality and time
- Effective communication skills and ability to think through complex systems
- Passion for understanding users motivations and needs
What you’ll be doing:
- Working cross-functionally with product, marketing, engineering and other business partners to arrive at the best possible designs
- Designing features that balance shipping quickly with high quality
- Creating flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Working closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Contributing to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Helping with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
- Becoming an integral part of our small but mighty design team
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Improving common mobile use cases like commenting or finding/reviewing work
- Improving and re-thinking using Figma editor on tablets
- Making Figma community on mobile work and feel better
- Improving Figma Mirror
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.