Video Editor & Producer (Support)
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a Video Producer to join our Product Education team. You'll use your knowledge of Figma and Design to help users successfully adopt Figma in their design process. You'll take the lead on our YouTube Channel, where you will curate and create guided Video Tutorials. You'll have the opportunity to engage with our community, get creative, and explore new ways to empower and educate through visual mediums.
Our ideal candidate is a creative, motivated, and passionate educator. They're an effective communicator and collaborator. They have experience using design tools, and feel comfortable communicating technical concepts to non-designers.
Ready to apply? Please include samples of your video work.
What You'll Do:
- Manage end to end video production, inception to delivery. Write scripts, record audio and video (primarily screen recordings), edit, and publish the final video
- Create interesting and communicative motion graphics to enhance instructional screen recordings
- Quantify and measure success metrics for video content and our YouTube Channe
- Research tools, processes, and best practices through experimentation and investigation.
- Uncover opportunities to review, revise and improve our existing video content
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to understand how new and existing features work, and the problems they solve for our users
- Collaborate with Marketing, Community, and Growth to coordinate positioning of our content for new feature launch days
- Create high-quality, and visually interesting Educational Figma Design files for public distribution that follow design best practices
You’ll also help shape the future of Product Education at Figma:
- Define the metrics for measuring the success of the team
- Refine the concepts, definitions, and terminology we use to explain the product
- Consult with the Growth and Product teams and help produce educational content for feature onboarding, drip campaigns, emails, and/or contextual tips and messaging
- Work with the Product Support team to identify and address common points of confusion
What We Value
- Design work experience, especially with Figma
- Motion Design experience a big plus
- Ability to identify the optimal way to teach a concept or feature, and being okay with abandoning ideas that didn't work along the way
- A passions for story-telling, teaching, and mentoring
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse environment for learning
- Self-starters who can identify opportunities, execute, and deliver reliably
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions, think strategically, and problem solve, while remaining focused on the finer details
- Project management experience and a proven ability to deliver projects on-time
- Enthusiasm for Figma, the product, and the company
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.