Manager, Product Support (SF, CA)
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Figma’s Product Support team is integral to the success of our customers and our business. As Manager, Product Support you will partner with Figma’s Head of Product Support to scale a team that delivers a world class support experience. You will leverage your previous support expertise to empower and motivate a growing team. In addition to implementing operational efficiencies to drive strong CSAT and timely resolutions, you will use your leadership skills to coach and mentor your direct reports to help them grow personally and professionally.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience both as an individual contributor and a manager on a support team for a growth stage tech startup. You have excelled on the frontlines of support and have several years of experience managing people.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations, goal setting, and performance management of 5-7 Product Support Specialists
- Collaborate with Head of Support and other managers to outline quarterly OKRs that align with Support and company goals
- Help define, and execute on, a core set of Support KPIs based on business needs and company values
- Analyze conversation volume and team member performance data that informs growth forecasting and hiring
- Identify efforts to scale via improved tooling, more robust documentation, training, and creative support initiatives
- Define performance expectations for your team and help set them up for success
- Coach and mentor your team, finding growth opportunities for them to progress towards their goals and aspirations
- Perform regular 1:1s and twice annual performance reviews to provide feedback and discuss progress of individual growth goals and objectives
- Proactively, and professionally, address change management issues as needed
- Research and identify strategies and process improvements to enhance both the customer experience and the experience of your team
- Influence the direction of Figma by participating in cross-functional projects with Sales, Product, Engineering, Design and Marketing
What We Value:
- 3-5 years experience as a people manager on a Support team at a growth stage startup
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of working cross functionally with product, design and engineering teams
- Empathy, patience, phenomenal people skills, and enthusiasm for managing a growing team
- Ability to handle escalations from your team when necessary
- Proven experience hiring, onboarding and training new support hires
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask to effectively prioritize and manage workflow
- A creative problem solver who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty
- Ability to quickly pick up a variety of software applications with ease
- Experience with common support software like Zendesk, Buffer, Asana, Zapier, etc
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.