San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for our next Design Manager to lead a team of currently 3 and quickly growing group of talented designers focusing on Community, Collaboration, and New Product areas — essentially looking after most of the surfaces of Figma outside of the editor itself! It’s a huge opportunity to help influence the future of how designers work together, and to keep building a world-class design team.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of a few people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coaching, Managing & Hiring: Manage 3 experienced high performing designers, and hiring at least 3 more in 2021. Maintain weekly 1:1s, career growth conversation opportunities, and any other meeting cadences that help you understand how they are doing and how to be helpful. Provide regular feedback during 1:1s and on slack, and formally during performance reviews
- Design Culture & Operations: Cultivating a conducive environment for great design by helping with team processes like critiques, team meetings, warm ups, etc,. Identify opportunities to improve how we we work, and the relationships both within and outside of the team.
- Strategic Support & Guidance: Help the team up-level their sense of product strategy. Consider frameworks and tools to help ensure the team is all thinking deeply about the‘why’ behind their work. Not micromanaging their projects, but helping guide them to ensure things are on a healthy path. In some cases leveraging storytelling yourself to craft clear narratives of where projects could go.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3+ Years of People Management Experience
- Passion for effective mentoring and coaching; you should love to help others grow!
- Experience leading operations of a design team (e.g. critiques, team processes, etc,.)
- Strong in strategic thinking and communication; someone who can help influence teams
- We love people who like to take risks with new and interesting methodologies and ideas; who are not always satisfied with the status quo and always eager to improve both themselves and others.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.