People Partner (London, UK)
London, UK /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionising the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As Figma’s first People Partner in EMEA, you’ll be a key part of supporting Figma’s most precious resource- its employees. You’ll be a senior member of the global People team--acting as a coach and advocate for employees at all career levels- and you'll leverage your experience and creativity to build systems and resources to allow people to do their best work, day in and day out. As our UK entity is relatively new (about a year old), you’ll also be working alongside our external People partners and vendors to ensure that our core EMEA HR operations are in excellent shape.
As a culture champion, you will lead by example, and your guidance, patience, and insights will help foster our mission to make Figma a deeply inclusive workplace. You’ll work hand-in-hand with Figma’s managers on the people programs that let us develop and retain Figmates, from performance management to supplementary learning and beyond; and you’ll partner with the VP, EMEA Leaders, and People team to help us make better business decisions.
As part of an early stage team, you’ll have the chance to make a huge impact- if you thrive when helping others learn and grow, this just might be the role for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with and coach managers on people-related matters including organisational development, L&D and employee relations
- Advise and coach employees of all levels on matters relating to work development, engagement, conflicts, and more.
- Champion our company culture in all interactions by modeling and instilling our values and promoting a culture of healthy communication.
- Work collaboratively with other People Partners to provide consistent and cohesive execution of HR programs such as performance management, DE&I initiatives, compensation/promotion cycles, and talent development.
- Work alongside the greater People Ops team to contribute insights, data, and feedback on core people programs and employee engagement.
- Partner with Finance and Recruiting on resource planning and headcount management
- Regularly assess organizational climate, engagement, and effectiveness, and identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
- Work closely with Figma’s EMEA leaders to innovate and own cross-functional projects to support Figma’s European employees.
- Ability to get into the details with our external partners to build out the core HR foundations in our relatively new UK entity.
You might be a good fit if:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the EMEA market in a relevant People Ops/HR role
- Experience of supporting senior regional leaders at VP/GM level.
- Highly capable across a broad range of HR competencies, including employee relations, performance management, compensation, compliance, coaching, change management, and program development.
- Expert working knowledge of employment law/compliance regulations for the UK (ideally also wider EMEA region); proven track record of working with external partners to supplement your compliance knowledge/execution.
- Passionate and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout all people programs.
- Superb oral and written communicator to many different audiences; you “read the room” and can be trusted to message anything with care and confidence.
- Detailed and discreet- you are a trusted partner across the organisation, and people know they can trust you with sensitive information.
- Comfortable working in a matrix organisation.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.