San Francisco or New York /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As the Engineering Manager for the Editor Fundamentals team, you’ll lead the team that manages the abstractions, rendering engine, and features that power Figma’s core design surface. You’ll work with the team to design, build and ship functionality that cuts across a wide range of technology, from compiling C++ into WebAssembly for performance critical components to designing features on top of a large scale distributed Scene Graph. Your team will directly impact the way in which millions of people design and build products across the world in companies like Microsoft, Uber, Square and more.
What you'll do:
- Work with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Editor Teams
- Scale and mentor a diverse team of engineers at the core of our product and technology strategy through rapid business and company growth
- Collaborate with your team to build the high performance systems at the heart of our Editor technology
- Partner with Product and Design to ensure Figma’s design capabilities are best in class
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization
What we're looking for:
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
- Experience working on complex systems in related fields like distributed systems, high performance simulation, realtime rendering, and/or complex applications
- Experience leading a team through rapid growth
- Cross functional collaboration with product and design
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.