Software Engineering Manager - Editor
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of product creation. We’re building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon a realtime collaboration platform.
At Figma, we tackle a wide range of technical challenges: from designing powerful but accessible features in a complex stateful application, to scaling a realtime web service to hundreds of thousands of users. We work across many stacks and technologies, but we don’t expect anyone to know them all. As an engineering manager, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills.
Our team brings a wealth of experience working on complex stateful and/or graphical applications across companies like Google, Dropbox, Mozilla, Asana, Twitter, Twitch, and more.
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of visual communication tools, welcome to Figma.
As the Editor Engineering Manager, you’ll lead the team that manage the abstractions, rendering engine, and features that power Figma’s core design surface. You’ll work with the team to design, build and ship functionality that cut across a wide range of technology, from low-level systems and graphics programming through modern web frameworks and large-scale multiplayer infrastructure. Your team will directly impact the way in which hundreds of thousands of people design and build products across the world in companies like Microsoft, Uber, Square and more.
- Work with the CTO and VPE to set direction, priorities, and mission for the Editor Teams
- Collaborate with your team to set goals and meet them
- Build and mentor a diverse team of engineers
- Architect, develop, deploy and maintain the high performance engine at the heart of Figma’s design capabilities
- Completely understand and drive the improvement of the editor at all levels - from application features to the core frameworks and abstractions that enable them
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
- B.S. or higher in scientific or quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes.
Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber; and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.