Director, Product Support
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Product Support /
We are in search of a senior leader for our Customer Support team, leading Figma’s distributed team that supports our global users. You will primarily be responsible for leading, inspiring, and setting the strategy for our Customer Support team while ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Our Support team includes a Product Education group that creates the written and visual content to help serve our users better.
You will need to have a passion for great support experiences that meet the needs of individuals, large enterprises and everything in between. This is a hands-on role for a data informed individual who will interact cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales. This role will report directly into the Chief Customer Officer and will be customer & value centric, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity with a strong‘builder’ mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Sales and Product leaders to implement cross-functional projects to improve our customers’ experiences
- Lead an internationally distributed and diverse team, that is growing and remote. You care about the people that work with you and are invested in helping them learn and grow
- Scale the team, processes, and strategy as the business grows
- Measure, track, and speak to the progress and results in your team across a variety of individual and team-based KPI’s to ensure excellence across the team
- Work cross-functionally to determine needs as we ship new products and features that affect our users
- Work across the department to prioritize efforts that serve our customers and company priorities
- Ensure net new tools are seamlessly integrated into the existing suite as well as maintain and mature existing tools and support infrastructure
There are 3 important areas that will require your focus at the start:
- How can we best support our free user base? We are close to launching a new community forum and will require strategy and execution to make successful.
- How might we operationally mature so that our team can scale alongside growing customer demand? One part of that includes putting together a plan for how we expand to a global 24/7 support model.
- How might we best scale the specialized support we provide our Enterprise customers to onboard and be setup for success?
You might be a fit if:
- Proven experience leading and scaling customer experience teams, leading strategic initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
- 3+ years of experience leading teams at the Director or higher level
- You have a track record scaling and leading a global team 24/7/365, in multiple languages and you love to lead, coach, and develop others
- Experience with strategic planning and optimization of specialized support teams, workforce operations, budgets, growth forecasting, and team planning
- You are comfortable with multiple and shifting priorities according to the needs of our customers and the business
- You have strong analytical skills, and can interpret and use data to make decisions
- Familiarity with Zendesk support software
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.