Software Engineer - Android
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for an Android engineer to join our native apps team and help build our first real mobile offerings. On this team, you’ll work with others on our newly announced Android app that will make it easy for engineers, designers and PMs to collaborate in Figma.
You’ll work closely with designers, PMs, and other engineers to re-think our web products so they work seamlessly on mobile. You’ll take part in designing features and breaking down high level goals into concrete tasks and timelines. As an early member you’ll also help set up our team processes for testing and deployment and set the tone for mobile team culture.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Work with designers, PMs, and other engineers to bring Figma to Android devices
- Build with some of the newest Android technologies like Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, coroutines and flows
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Share responsibility for testing, releasing, and maintaining our mobile apps
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of professional experience building Android applications
- Extensive understanding of mobile product development
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Figma's engineering values
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.