Community Manager, User Groups
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
At Figma, we believe in the power of our users connecting to each other in real life. We’re looking for someone to take the seedlings of our user group program and scale it around the world. As our Community Manager for User Groups you will own the User Group Program end-to-end — from creating the strategy, processes, budget and infrastructure to identifying ambassadors, providing resources for them and keeping them engaged.
There is already so much love and interest in our users connecting to each other - we need you to come in and take this potential and turn it into a scalable program. This position will report into our Head of Community and partner on thinking big about what this program looks like globally and the impact it can have on connecting our community.
What You'll Do:
- You’re the full-time owner of our user group program and will own all aspects of scaling it around the world
- Create vision, strategy, goals, and budget for the program
- Structure ambassador and user group benefits and expectations
- Roll out user group branding and brand resources
- Set up the tools, communication platforms and infrastructure for user group leaders
- Activate user groups around the world, with a focus on key markets
- Create scalable and easy-to-implement processes around budgets, swag, etc
- Maintain relationships with local design communities globally
- Organize, track, and measure success of program
What We Value:
- You get the design community. You don’t need to be a designer, but you understand the design community and what makes it special
- You’re good with people. You are empathetic, able to connect with people quickly and value relationships with others
- You know how to scale. You're experienced in creating efficient processes, setting clear expectation setting, and managing competing priorities
- You're really organized. No detail is untouched, and there's clear visibility into your work
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy an environment that has been structured for collaboration and interdependency, drawing on strong functional areas to build your business
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.