Technical Writer, Product Education
San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer on our Product Education team to use their knowledge of Figma and Design to teach our users to successfully adopt Figma into their design toolkit. With the rest of the Product Education Team, you will help us create written content for our Help Center and video tutorials for our YouTube Channel.
Our ideal candidate is a creative, motivated, and passionate collaborator. They're an effective communicator and a meticulous wordsmith. They have experience using design tools, and feel comfortable communicating concepts to non-designers.
Ready to apply? Please include at least one writing sample of your previous work with your application.
What You'll Do
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to understand how new and existing features work.
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts to understand how users can benefit from features.
- Research tools, processes, and best practices through experimentation and investigation.
- Create detailed outlines for our Help Center articles that cover a wide range of topics.
- Create exhaustive written guides, documentation, and tutorials for our Help Center.
- Prepare screenshots, animated GIFs, and videos to be embedded into Help Center articles.
- Ensure we reflect Figma’s brand and writing style across all of our educational content.
- Help create video tutorials for our YouTube channel. Write scripts, record audio and video, edit, and publish the final video.
- Maintain legacy Help Center articles. Find opportunities to review, revise and improve our existing content.
- Create Figma design files to use for screenshots, GIFs, videos, and public distribution.
You'll also help shape the future of Product Education at Figma
- Help define the metrics for measuring the success of the team.
- Help establish streamlined processes between Product Education and other teams. Develop systems for requesting documentation, estimating impact, and prioritizing tasks.
- Help define the Information Architecture of the Help Center and its containing articles.
- Refine the concepts, definitions and terminology we use to explain the product.
- Consult with the Growth and Product teams and help produce educational content. for feature onboarding, drip campaigns, emails, and/or contextual tips and messaging.
- Work with the Product Support team to identify and address common points of confusion.
What We Value
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A passions for story-telling, teaching, and mentoring.
- Self-starters who can identify opportunities, execute, and deliver reliably.
- Previous experience with technical writing and/or content marketing.
- Audio and/or video editing and production experience.
- Design experience, especially with Figma.
- Project management and business analysis experience.
- Enthusiasm for Figma, the product, and the company.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.