San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We're looking for an attorney with strong experience advising on commercial and technology matters to join our legal team. Your primary responsibility will be to support our growing sales team, and you must be comfortable working on international deals. However, as a member of a small legal team, you will also have the opportunity to work on a range of matters across all of Figma’s departments.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements with enterprise customers, partnering closely with our sales team
- Develop materials and conduct training sessions on legal forms, processes and issues
- Design, implement, and improve Figma’s legal policies and procedures to manage legal and business risk on a global scale
- Provide practical advice to business clients on a wide-ranging set of legal issues, including intellectual property, litigation risk, privacy, regulatory, and employment
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance, from the early stages of product development through launch
What we're looking for:
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating enterprise sales agreements
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to technology platforms, with global privacy experience being a plus
- Collaborative approach, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- High degree of empathy and a focus on promoting a team-oriented culture of engagement, positive workplace relationships and recognition
- Strong work ethic and low ego, and a willingness to tackle projects both large and small
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Help drive negotiation strategy for enterprise customers, including setting and implementing policies on negotiation thresholds and legal and business terms
- Become the “go to” lawyer for our growing international marketing and sales team
- Spearhead privacy and data compliance efforts in response to increasing business complexity and evolving regulatory frameworks
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.