Product Designer, Design Systems (Senior Level)
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for someone to help make Figma the best tool for other companies to create, use, and maintain their design systems.
Many teams use Figma for their design systems: one-person teams, mid-size companies, large systems used by thousands of people. There is a lot of excitement about design systems today, and Figma is uniquely positioned to solve existing problems and set the tone for the entire industry.
***We are not offering remote opportunities at this time***
What You'll Do
- Shape the future of design system tooling and take it in new directions
- Help build and improve features related to design systems
- Meet with Figma customers that use design systems at vastly different scales, to better understand their needs
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
What You Won’t (Necessarily) Do
- Maintain and expand Figma’s design system we use internally (although you might naturally end up helping with that, too)
What We Value
- Experience in creating/maintaining a design system (or a UI kit), in close collaboration with engineering, in use by many people
- Interest in solving challenging, systemic problems at scale
- Experience evangelizing a design system within or outside your community
- Track record of researching design system needs
- Experience with front-end development (passive if not active)
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.