San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Web Developer will be joining the Growth Marketing team. Our team’s mission is to show the world the power and possibilities of collaborative, open design. We get excited about creating thoughtful and beautifully designed user experiences. We’re looking for a teammate who is collaborative, ships to learn, and puts the user first.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Be a core contributor to the front-end development, optimization, and infrastructure of the Figma marketing website
- Partner with designers, product managers, other developers, and the marketing team on the creation of figma.com and other web properties.
- Proactively bring project ideas, hypothesis, and experiments to the team that will inform the web development roadmap
You might be a good fit if you:
- 2+ years of development experience with React.js, including JSX, Context, and hooks(v16+)
- Experience with static site generators like Gatsby and working with headless CMS tools like Contentful or Sanity
- Understanding of browser APIs, caching, and techniques for optimizing webpage performance
- Understanding of SVGs, browser-based animation, and HTML5 video
- Experience integrating web technologies with marketing tools such as Marketo, Clearbit, Segment, GTM, and others
- Proactive communication skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical collaborators
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.