San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing our global payroll function to ensure accurate, timely processing of employee payroll while adhering to multistate tax laws, federal, state and local laws globally. They will be responsible for driving procedure and systemic solutions to improve operation and our control environment. They should have the ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment with great accuracy.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee global payroll process, and manage the current team and service provider
- Manage daily payroll operations in accordance with company policies and standards, as well as federal, state, and local regulations
- Manage the accurate and timely completion and submission of employment tax and other filings, as well as other regulatory reporting needs, for the company
- Develop, implement and monitor departmental metrics, goals, and objectives to support payroll operations
- Supervising and coordinating the review, analysis, and reconciliation of employment tax withholdings and deposits
- Participate and/or lead projects with a system-wide scope including participating in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and programs to increase the payroll operation efficiency and effectiveness
- Conduct and review audits to ensure accuracy, data integrity, and adherence to regulatory mandates. Lead team efforts in timely and accurate research, analysis, and problem resolution
- Partner with Accounting and Finance to ensure accurate general ledger postings and reconciliations
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and controls for payroll
- Support ad-hoc payroll requests as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Sales Operations, and HR
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPP certification a strong plus
- 5+ years relevant work experience in payroll and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Global payroll and multi-state US payroll with both exempt and nonexempt employees
- Public company experience is a plus
- Deep understanding of applicable Federal, State, and local payroll and related tax laws, regulations, and statutes
- Experience with processing all types of stock transactions, and an understanding of the tax implications of each type (i.e. NQSO, ISO, RSU, ESPP)
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.