San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As Figma’s first legal hire, you’ll work across the business to provide strategic, business-oriented legal guidance on a wide variety of issues. You will be responsible for leading and scaling legal support at Figma. The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a trusted advisor to the business, and provide critical legal and strategic input on a wide range of complex and strategic business issues
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support Sales, our purchase of software and services from vendors, and growth-driven partnerships
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to Sales, Marketing, People Operations, and Product teams that balances business objectives and legal risk, taking into account companies policies and positions
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open source, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice
- Manage outside counsel where appropriate
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Recognized law firm experience (in-house is a plus) with technology clients
- JD required. Admission in good standing to practice in at least one state
- A confident, effective and positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.
- Ability to work cross-functionality with different departments to reach consensus on whether to accept non-standard contract terms. Ability to contribute to and iterate on contract playbook of fallback terms.
- Ability to draft documents, policies, emails and anything else in a very precise manner, while still being concise and digestible for non-lawyers
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well
- Entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Eager to chip in wherever and whenever help is needed. Good at building authentic relationships with all kinds of people across many functional teams
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes.
Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber; and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.