Software Engineer: Editor
San Francisco, CA
The Figma editor is the heart and soul of our product. We’re constantly designing and building new innovative features to speed up designer workflows. The editor is built on a stack of C++/WebAssembly and TypeScript, but we don’t expect you to have prior experience in those specific languages.
The Figma editor is setting a new benchmark for what is possible to do on the web. By using the latest web APIs and a C++ code base, we are able to build a high performance graphics application that work well even with intermittent internet connectivity. Something previously thought only possible as a native application.
But we are never done and are always thinking about ways to further improve the infrastructure and performance.Figma is also the only professional design tool to support realtime collaboration, which deeply affects how we craft both UX and data models.
We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to build features for the Figma editor
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Measure and improve performance of the Figma editor
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
What we value:
- Working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Flexible vacation time and generous holiday breaks
- Culture of learning and development with a training allowance
- Daily lunches and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Cellphone reimbursement
- Dog-friendly office environment
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.