Product Designer - Collaboration
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help lead a team focused on Collaboration, which includes areas of Figma like“Search & Discovery” and“Feedback”. For example: How is work organized and structured? How do you search and browse those files easily? How do different roles collaborate to offer feedback throughout the design process and how do we make these flows clear and efficient? You should be excited about these sorts of problems, and the idea of helping establish and execute a vision for them. This is a rare opportunity to help shape the way people organize, manage, share, and discuss work in teams of all shapes and sizes all over the world.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
You might be a good fit if you:
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- Value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading large projects
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Redesigning comments and other multiplayer feedback moments
- Rethinking how work is organized and structured in the file browser
- Improving way-finding for PM / Eng / other roles when navigating Figma files
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.