Community Marketing Coordinator - Events
San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
At Figma, we believe in the power of connecting with our users, both in the browser and in real life. We’re looking for someone who is interested in helping us broaden our reach by organizing meaningful and thoughtful community programs. As a Community Marketing Coordinator, you’ll be working with the Community Marketing Manager to help plan and execute Figma’s (in-person and virtual) events. You’ll assist in scaling our user conferences and standardize our virtual events across the world
You’ll bring thoughtful and creative event experiences for our customers by:
- Working with the Community Marketing Manager to execute all Figma events (virtual and IRL) including: weekly livestreams, our user conference Config, user group events, and conference sponsorships.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to manage the Call for Proposals process for livestreams and Config, working with speakers from around the world.
- Evaluating and executing conference sponsorships, virtually or IRL (COVID-pending).
- Creating a holistic swag strategy and manage our vendors.
- Developing close relationships with our community and working closely with advocates, speakers, and user group organizers.
We're looking for someone with:
- Events experience, including planning events big and small that bring people together.
- Great attention to detail. You like planning trips and thinking through all the components. You sweat the small stuff and leave no detail untouched.
- A knack for organization and bringing people into the process with clear visibility into your work.
- A creative mind who likes bringing new ideas to existing projects and continuously pushes the team to try new things.
- A love of bringing people together. Working with people outside of your team and outside of the company excites you. You like collaborating with new people and figuring problems out together.
- Comfort-level with up to 10% travel(post COVID).
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Build a new process for onboarding Figma livestream speakers.
- Work closely with the sales team to showcase their customers and prospects at Figma events.
- Evaluate our approach to swag and develop a process that brings more swag to more people more often.
- Develop new ways to engage Config attendees before and after the conference.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.