San Francisco, CA
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We're looking for an exceptional attorney with solid transactions / commercial experience to join the Figma legal team. We are building a solutions-oriented legal department that will serve as a strong and trusted partner for the business. The successful candidate for this role will be Figma’s second attorney, so this is a great opportunity to help shape the team’s culture and have a major impact.
If you are a curious and business-minded attorney who is excited by the opportunity to build a fast-paced, hypergrowth business, we’d love to talk to you about this role!
What You'll Do
- Be the second attorney at Figma, with a wide-ranging opportunity to help build the legal department
- Work closely with our Sales organization, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements with enterprise customers and developing training materials and conducting training sessions for business teams
- Design, implement, and iterate on policies, processes, and procedures to manage legal and business risk on a global scale
- Provide practical advice to business clients on a wide-ranging set of legal issues, including intellectual property, litigation risk, privacy, regulatory, and employment
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance, from the early stages of product development through launch
What We're Looking For
- High degree of empathy, promoting a team-oriented culture of engagement, positive workplace relationships, and recognition
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Eagerness to build processes to support scale and growth
- Strong work ethic and low ego, with the ability to tackle projects large and small
What You'll Need
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- Minimum of four (4) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house (in-house experience is a plus but not required)
- Experience and high comfort level in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to business to business products and services and/or technology platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative approach, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact
- Enthusiastic about Figma!
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.