Executive Assistant (London, UK)
London, UK /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Figma is a Sequoia backed business headquartered in San Francisco that's built a browser-based collaborative design tool to improve the way designers and engineers work together. We are currently building out our UK Figma team, led by our VP Sales and GM of EMEA.
What you'll do:
- Check the VP’s email on an ongoing basis throughout the day and respond to all scheduling requests
- Manage VP's calendar, meetings, and travel arrangements
- Brief the VP prior to meetings, calls, and events
- Prepare board reports and other confidential materials Create and document new policies and procedures for the office and employees
- Organize the logistics of internal events, team offsites and some smaller external events
- Manage our lunch and snacks program: oversee relationships with our catering and snacks vendor for the EMEA team
- In partnership with our SF Office Ops and Employee Engagement manager coordinate and execute all in person and virtual internal events.
- Partner with Finance to own workplace budgets which includes forecasting, contract negotiations, tracking expenses, submitting monthly expense reports, and adjusting ongoing costs as needed.
- Manage our swag, anniversary and milestones program for EMEA; Coordinate all Surprise and Delight efforts each quarter, partnering with appropriate vendors.
- Be the main point of contact of our Global HQ teams when it comes to coordinating any internal global events, meetings
- Own operations from physical facilities-related, to systems and tools. Ensure all office operations runs smoothly, cultivating a productive and welcoming work space:Supplies, equipment, physical-space tools, as well as furnishings, repairs manage janitorial services, security, safety, and vendor management.
- Coordinate with the workplace team and security on emergency planning and preparedness,
Upon return to the office:
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience in an administrative or support role
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment and can adapt quickly to changing demands
- Is an expert at prioritizing and seeing around corners
- Is trustworthy, reliable and will maintain strictest confidentiality
- Feels comfortable taking ownership of routine email correspondence and can identify emails that need to be escalated to the VP
- Thinks of improvements to process and ways to make things more efficient
- You can work and communicate effectively with a range of different personalities
- You have a positive outlook and create a positive environment for others to thrive in
- French speaking is a plus
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.