San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
Figma is looking for a Creative Director to lead our team of brand designers. You will guide the development and evolution of our brand as Figma grows and build out new creative functions to scale our team.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll do:
- Guide the development and evolution of our brand, voice, and strategy as Figma evolves as a company and product
- Coach and mentor a team of brand designers to deliver their best creative work and grow in their career
- Identify and build out new functions to scale the team—whether it be hiring in-house or partnering with contractors/agencies
- Mature our design operations to prioritize requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as a marketing organization
- Collaborate effectively with other leaders at Figma and setup processes for teams to engage and work with the creative team
- Partner with the broader marketing team to build out performance-driven advertising campaign programs, uplevel product launches, deliver amazing brand experiences at events, and more
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback across product and brand design teams
- Help us define Figma brand’s story and help evangelize our brand through blog posts, livestreams, events, and other mediums
- 10+ years of relevant work in a creative field, with a diverse portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in web, events, digital advertising, social, sales support, and campaigns
- Experience hiring, building, and scaling a design team across multiple functions
- Experience building out in-house design operations and partnerships with external agencies/contractors
- Strong communicator and collaborator; experience working with executives and leaders
- Passion for mentoring and coaching creative teams, as well as attracting new talent
- A keen eye for detail and craftsmanship while also considerate of deadlines and constraints
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves when necessary; we are still a startup after all
- Familiarity with with marketing technology platforms and operations a plus
- Love for reflecting and writing about your process and POV a plus
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.