Product Manager - Editor Platform
San Francisco, CA /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As Product Manager for the Editor Platform team at Figma, you will be responsible for the API that customers use to extend Figma, as well as the core technologies that power everything that Figma engineers use to build Figma itself. Because this team’s charter is rather technical in nature, you will be expected to be able to understand and help make decisions that involve complex technical issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with enterprise customers and plugin authors to understand what they need from the Figma plugin platform
- Drive sprint planning and prioritization across both external needs (such as API feature requests) and internal needs (such as improvements to our renderer)
- Work cross functionally with Figma’s design and engineering teams to develop new concepts for extending Figma’s editor platform
- Work with browser vendors to provide them guidance on how they can improve technologies we rely on, such as WebGL, WASM, etc.
- Help the team define and track key success metrics
- Collaborate with marketing on messaging, positioning and GTM plans
We're looking for someone with:
- Passion and ability to have deeptechnical discussions
- A positive team leader and motivator
- Ability to use data to guide you and when to rely on your great product instincts
- Passion for improving how product managers, designers and engineers all work together
- An affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a start-up, a sense of humor and get-it-done personality
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Working with partners like Facebook, Airbnb and Google to help define a new part of the Figma API to help them automate their design workflow.
- Helping the engineering team scope and execute on a key improvement to editor performance.
- Researching the needs of the wider Figma plugin developer community and using that to come up with some ideas for new directions for the Figma API.
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.