Senior Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst
San Francisco or New York or Remote US /
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As a Senior Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Analyst, you will be a critical part of the Company’s quarterly and annual financial reporting process, assess and conclude on current and future accounting standards, and manage ad hoc projects. As a member of a small finance team, the ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter who can work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. This role will report to the Manager of Technical Accounting.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare equity and stock based compensation related accounting, including evaluation of technical accounting aspects of any equity grants and modifications
- Assist in preparing GAAP Consolidated financial statements and Management review reports and other materials for our Board and Investors
- Prepare quarterly cash flow workbook
- Participate in developing and maintaining internally developed software analysis
- Provide schedules and documentation to support Figma’s first external audit
- Analyze and conclude on non-standard revenue contracts under ASC 606
- Research important accounting issues and suggest the best practices and applications in accordance with accounting standards
- Assist with other Finance/ Accounting ad hoc projects, as assigned
You might be a good fit if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- You have 4+ years experience in accounting; public accounting experience is required
- You are a CPA or CPA candidate (preferred but not required)
- You have strong technical and analytical skills
- You have prior experience with ASC 718
- You have excellent written communication
- You possess an ability to work in a fast-paced professional setting
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.