San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a researcher to help prioritize strategic opportunities around some of Figma’s core capabilities —editing, prototyping, and design systems.
Deep experience with design tools is incredibly valuable in this role. You might be a researcher with a design background or a designer with a research specialty. At Figma, we’ll celebrate your diverse, hybrid skillset!
Figma is an exciting place to do research, because the teams have made it a priority to have a direct dialogue with their user communities from the very beginning. As a dedicated researcher, your role is to help teams ground their decisions in a deep understanding of what people need. You’ll conduct research collaboratively to help teams frame the problem space. You’ll create frameworks that keep teams aligned throughout the product development journey. And you’ll coach teams through their continued engagement with Figma users through usability testing and open betas.
- Synthesize existing knowledge from across the organization into knowns and unknowns
- Identify the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap
- Own research projects from start to finish
- Use creative research approaches with the appropriate level of rigor for the need
- Deliver actionable findings and recommendations
- Develop organizational shared knowledge by helping the organization see connections across research studies
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to prioritize opportunities and evaluate progress against goals
- Evangelize and educate on behalf of the research function
- 2+ years conducting user experience research in a fast-paced product development environment
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews and moderated/unmoderated usability testing
- A strong portfolio of research deliverables (e.g. workshops, slides, reports, posters)
- Thoughtful approaches to collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders
- The ability to reflect and improve on your skills and approaches over time
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.