Software Engineer - Mobile
San Francisco, CA /
We’re looking for people to form the foundation of our mobile team and build our first real mobile offering. On this team, you’ll work with others to build mobile apps that make it easy for engineers, designers and PMs to collaborate in Figma.
You’ll work closely with designers and PM’s to re-think our product so that it works seamlessly on mobile. You’ll take part in the decision of which technologies we use, and which features are most important to build first. You’ll also help set up our team processes for testing and deployment, and set the tone for mobile team culture.
The Figma engineering team is highly collaborative and most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture — you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to re-think our web product so that it works seamlessly on mobile.
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers.
- Share responsibility for testing, releasing, and maintaining our mobile apps.
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma.
What we value:
- 3+ years of professional experience building mobile applications.
- Extensive understanding of mobile product development for either Android or iOS.
- Strong familiarity with one or more mobile programming languages, including but not limited to: Swift, Kotlin, Java, Objective-C
- Working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
At Figma we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product and our community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.